Thursday, May 2, 2013

Fancy After School Snack

Last Saturday I went with a group for lunch at The Ruby Pear, a tea room in a historic home in Noblesville.  I really enjoyed the experience and I look forward to taking the boys sometime for an extra-special outing.  The tea I had there was the best tea I've ever had in my life!  One of my favorite parts of the lunch were the cucumber tea sandwiches.  They had an herbed cream cheese on them that made them much more delicious than any other cucumber sandwiches I've tried before.

Since we had leftover cream cheese, plus a cucumber on hand from a previous produce delivery from The Downtown Farm Stand, I thought today would be a great day to re-create that cucumber sandwich for my lunch.

In my mini food processor, I blended 4 oz of cream cheese with some fresh dill, a few chives, and a couple shakes of garlic powder.  That herbed cream cheese spread on some bread with some thin slices of cucumbers really hit the spot on this warm day.

After school I turned the remaining herbed cream cheese, cucumber slices, the dill, and some whole wheat crackers over to the boys and they had a great time making little after school hors d'oeuvres with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment