Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Earth Day Thermostat Woes

Yesterday was Earth Day and the weather was actually sunny and spring-like.  So, I decided to walk the 1.5 miles to the library to pick up a book I had on hold.  It was so nice to get out in the sunshine.

Yes, I do realize our hallway wallpaper is hideous.  We
have been putting off removing it for 10 years because
there is so much of it to remove.
Every morning all winter, Robby has complained that at 72 degrees its much too cold in our house and he can't get out of bed and can't get ready for school.  One morning, he even secretly turned the thermostat up to 76 and I didn't notice the problem until it actually reached 76 in our house later that morning, long after he was gone to school.

So I was fairly surprised when yesterday afternoon he started whining that he was too hot and blaming me for making it too hot in our house.  I checked the thermostat and the sun had managed to warm the air to 75 degrees.  He declared we needed to turn on the air conditioner.  On his third time coming to me and complaining, I finally convinced him to just change in to a short-sleeve shirt.  Funny thing is that later I found him doing his homework with a blanket wrapped around him.  He was too cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment